The Steiger® 500, with a 12.9 L Tier 4 B/Final engine and a unique design that reduces compaction, offers unmatched fuel efficiency and a proven record of performance. Available configurations: HD Wheeled, Rowtrac™, Quadtrac®, HD Wheeled Scraper, and Quadtrac® Scraper.
• The Steiger 370, 420 and 470 maintain the heavier, thicker steel frame with the larger wheel base of the larger Steiger tractors, but are built with a narrower frame width for row-crop farmers.
• Four Independent Positive-Drive Tracks
• Available on the Steiger 370, 420 470, 500, 540, 580 and 620, the Steiger Quadtrac® has four individually driven, oscillating tracks that reduce compaction and provides better floatation and traction in the field.
The 16-speed, full powershift Steiger transmission produces smooth shifting and reduces fatigue at the end of a long day in the field. It accomplishes this through pulse-width modulation, which allows the smoothest possible shifts under load. The newest version of this proven transmission also features larger gears and clutch packs that deliver years of service while transmitting up to 682 peak horsepower to the ground for large-scale farming.
Efficient Power Shift Transmission
• Nine gears in the field working range - to maximize on productivity in the working range of 3-8 MPH
• 16 forward speeds for efficient power transfer
• Electronically controlled shifting allows for smooth shifts with features with ease of operation:
• Diesel Saver™ Automatic Productivity Management (APM) saves fuel by selecting most efficient gear range
• Skip Shifts that provide faster speed increases in the field and on the road
• Fwd & Rev Power Shuttle Shifts (Steering Column / MultiFunction Handle)
• Shuttle Capability up to 6.5 MPH / 8th Gear
• Programmable start-up in gears 1-8
• Constant mesh helical cut gears provide quiet operation
• Oil level sight gage for ease of daily maintenance inspection
• Sensitivity settings to provide smoother shifting operation
• Ground level filter service
• Cab controlled transmission calibration for smoother efficient operation
Steiger tractors feature massive axles that can carry up to 66,000 pounds of operating weight. That's the most weight any tractor out there can handle. And it means your Steiger tractor can work with the largest implements and cover more acres in a day. All Steiger tractors have a frame built of 1/2-inch thick steel and a longer wheelbase with built-in weight.
• For Steiger 580 and 620 Models: Features 5.5-inch axles and 18-bolt hubs, so you don't have to worry about the drivetrain when the time comes for the required power you need to farm how you want.
• For Quadtrac Models: Features immense, flange-type axle that generates the torque needed for Quadtrac's unbeatable traction capabilities
• Automatic on and off differential locks on all standard equipment
113 gallons per minute flowing through up to eight hydraulic remote valves, and up to 20,000 pounds of hitch-lift capacity. That's enough hydraulic flow for even the biggest planters and air seeders in the industry. And it doesn't require a separate system or pump, meaning it's easier to monitor and more reliable. And the new electronic precision remote, quick-connect valves make your operation even more efficient by maintaining precise flow and pressure - even in the more severe conditions. Set the system how you want, and it adjusts for changing conditions through the day.
Row Crop Application
For those large planters and strip till rigs that increasingly make 4WD an ideal choice. These longer tractors with a narrow frame offer a better ride and put more power to the ground. And they maintain the principles of the Steiger family of tractors: a heavier, thicker steel frame and longer wheelbase that helps produce optimum performance.
We extended the wheelbase from 148 to 160 inches, so each track has more ground contact resulting in better transfer of power to the ground. In addition, the unique design delivers less ground pressure, reduced compaction and the most comfortable ride in the industry.
Better traction further reduces compaction by minimizing slippage on the soil surface. Compared to two-track systems, operators will see no ridging and berming in turns. In addition, each track drive oscillates up and down up to 10 degrees to maintain consistent ground contact no matter what the conditions. As a result, seeds can be planted sooner and enjoy a better environment in which to germinate and develop strong root systems that extend down into the soil area with better access to nutrients.
All Steiger tractors feature massive, heavy-duty axles that can carry up to 66,000 pounds of operating weight. That’s the most weight any tractor in its class can handle. Figure in heavy-duty drawbars, built-in frame weight and a rugged transmission, and you’ll see why Steiger tractors really are a big deal. The longer wheelbase and built-in weight of a heavy frame on Steiger 470 tractors provide more power to the ground plus the heft and durability needed for earth moving work. The wide frame of 500, 540, 580 and 620 HD wheeled models set new productivity benchmarks for the industry. Features like heavy-duty drivetrain components, 113-gallon-per-minute hydraulic flow and power growth up to 682 peak horsepower are raising the bar as well.
The only factory-integrated drive system of its kind. The proven technology of the Case IH Steiger Quadtrac is unparalleled in the industry. And now, it's time to take the next step with Steiger Rowtrac™ design. The Case IH Steiger Rowtrac tractor's four-track, positive drive system is the only factory integrated drive system of its kind in the world. With equal-sized, independent, oscillating tracks, you can get in fields sooner and maximize the opportunity for high-yielding crops. It also minimizes ground pressure and reduces compaction, improves traction and simplifies transport. This exclusive design allows you to cover more ground in less time, even when field conditions are less than optimal.
The four individually driven, oscillating tracks of a Steiger Quadtrac give you greater ground contact that rubber tires or two-track systems could never match. The result strikes a balance between productivity and efficiency you also won't find anywhere else. Better traction and less slippage. Greater flotation and reduced compaction. It's a design with a clean and proven competitive advantage. The four tracks of a Steiger Quadtrac distribute weight more evenly and efficiently than two-track systems, reducing compaction. That leads to numerous benefits like better flotation and traction, and easier transport. That's because Quadtrac distributes loads evenly across the length of each track - even with the added weight of a load putting force onto the rear tracks. Delivering more usable power you can depend on is possible because of the exclusive Quadtrac positive-drive design. Lugs that interlock with bars on the drive wheel and track. That's because a positive drive is continuous at all times, even in a wet or slippery spot. The Steiger Quadtrac positive drive adjusts automatically under transport or light loads that reduce wear, friction and heat - and increases durability. Quadtrac 5 axle design provides more even power supplied to the soil, therefore providing less ground pressure, creating a more agronomic seed bed.